ha ha ha this is based on a TRUE STORY! The true story of Xmas shopping today, December 13, 2014, at a series of suburban malls in Kenner and Metairie, Louisiana; the true story of everything sucks and Mona is wrong because there is actually no way ever to stop this game. So it was at least helpful to keep score for once, to quantify everything sucking for once
Other news that I may not have posted here yet:
- I started a Patreon called ABJURATION CLUB NEWSLETTER. Once a month I basically dump all that I’ve worked on in the past month into a fun zine format. So it’s a mix of excerpts from my novel-in-progress, Summer Fun, Bad Mother strips in progress (sometimes, not lately, because I suck), sketchbook drawings, and miscellany. Please enjoy if this is your kind of thing! (There is a sample issue to determine whether this is your kind of thing.)
- Torrey Peters reviewed The Black Emerald for Topside Press’s Spotlight section! It is a pretty rad review!
- Instar Books has released a new title, Sharing by Miracle Jones! It’s one of my favorite novels basically ever, really indescribably wonderful and weird, and I’m so so so excited that we’re doing a new updated edition of the original Smashwords publication. Please check it out (there’s a preview PDF of the first chapter on the book page), and if you happen to buy it and read it, do us a “solid” and leave a fun Goodreads review?\
- Miracle Jones and I are gonna do a Reddit AMA on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 11 AM Eastern in support of Instar Books generally. Come ask us questions and stuff! It’ll be somewhere on this page.
- One of the stories from The Black Emerald got all published and stuff in CURA! If you like this strip and others in its vein maybe you will dig it! It is about trading sex for dessert because Nietzsche said so.